Central Council of Homoeopathy (CCH) has drastically revised the syllabus and examination pattern of post graduate Homoeopathy / MD (Hom) on 2nd March, 2012. The changed syllabus is applicable to 2012 PG Admission onwards.
These regulations have been published vide Health and Family Welfare Notification No: 12-2/2006-CCH (Pt.) 31254 (02-Mar-12) Homoeopathy (Post Graduate Degree Course) M.D.(Hom.) (Amendment) Regulations, 2012
Major Changes are:
- Students has to opt for One main/special subject and One subsidiary subject. Main/special subjects are: (i) Organon of Medicine, (ii) Homoeopathic Materia Medica (including applied aspects),(iii) Repertory,(iv) Homoeopathic Pharmacy,(v) Practice of Medicine,(vi) Pediatrics and (vii) Psychiatry. Subsidiary subjects are (i) Organon of Medicine, (ii) Repertory and (iii) Homoeopathic Materia Medica.
- Candidates of Organon of Medicine, Materia Medica, Repertory and Pharmacy has to study and appear for examinations in Practice of Medicine in Part. I & Part.II examinations.
- For Practice of Medicine, Pediatrics and Psychiatry students – Materia Medica is compulsory. Moreover, they have to appear for either Repertory or Organon of Medicine in MD Part. I examination.
- In MD Part. I each candidate has to sit for History of Medicine, Research Methodology & Statistics as a separate paper after completion of one and half year.
- There will be no paper as Man in Health & Man in Disease.
- In Part.II Examinations- there are two papers on the concerned specialty, One paper in Practice of Medicine and One paper in the subsidiary subject.
- For Practice of Medicine, Pediatrics and Psychiatry students – two papers on the concerned specialty, One paper in Materia Medica and One paper in the subsidiary subject.
- There will be no marks but Pass or Fail only. The students shall be declared “Pass” if he gets 40% marks separately in theory & Practical including Viva-voce examinations along with 50% aggregates in each subjects.
For more Information on cch revision of pg syllabus read here: notifhfw3125426032012.pdf